"I'd rather wear flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck."
Flower crowns! Summer is finally here and that means the season of barbecues, concerts and so many other fun outdoor events. What other reason do you need to channel your inner flower child?? Put some flowers in your hair and enjoy the summer! Give the floral crown filters a break and snap some pics with real flowers instead.
Crafting your own fresh flower crown will only require a few things: scissors, floral wire, flowers of your choice and a little time.
- Begin by measuring your head with a piece of green floral wire
- Cut 3 pieces of floral wire the same circumference of your head
- Twist the end of the three pieces together and braid those pieces
- Once the braid is complete make a circle and twist both ends together
- Now the fun part! Secure your flowers and or greens to the floral wire base
- Cut the stems of your florals leaving a 1/4 inch of the stem remaining
- With floral wire (about 1 inch in length) secure each stem with the floral wire to the base
Flower crowns are one of my favorite things to make! There are no rules so pick whatever flowers you like. Depending on what type of flower you choose your crown will last 1-2 days. Be the star of the your next summer event and show up with some flowers in your hair!! Have a happy summer. Florals by smart style by shannon paul
Photos by philterphotography